The Tianqiao and Chrissy Chen Institute for Neuroscience offers seed funding to allow Caltech faculty to develop new directions of neuroscience research, leveraging the Institute's interdisciplinary and collaborative environment. We are currently accepting proposals for FY2022 Grant Awards.
Proposals must explicitly address the following requirements. Failure to fulfill the requirements will result in an administrative rejection.
Proposal Requirements - All Proposals
The proposal should be 1 – 2 pages (excluding figures and references), 12-point font and MUST address the following questions:
1) What do you propose to do?
2) How is it innovative and different from "business-as-usual" science in your lab?
3) How does it engage other members from the Caltech community?
4) What is a successful outcome, and what would it allow you to do that is currently not possible?
5) To your knowledge, is anything similar being done by colleagues at other universities?
To see full RFP descriptions for each award, click on the individual links below:
CHEN INSTITUTE DIRECTOR'S AWARD
T&C CHEN CENTER FOR BRAIN MACHINE INTERFACE AWARD
T&C CHEN CENTER FOR SOCIAL AND DECISION MAKING NEUROSCIENCE AWARD
T&C CHEN CENTER FOR SYSTEMS NEUROSCIENCE AWARD
Submission deadline is Monday, October 18, 2021 at 5pm.
To submit a proposal please follow the instructions on the individual pages linked above. If you have any questions please contact us at Chen.Inst@caltech.edu